Our motto: Less Hunger – More Education
Education is the most important requirement for a peaceful and successful life – so it is in West Africa, too. Especially in rural areas children are not offered an easy access to schools or there aren’t any schools at all.
Our projects are real grass-roots projects that follow the principle of sustainability and help for self-help. An important requirement to start a new project is the support of the local administration and the participation of the inhabitants and people themselves.
See a short video about our last supporting trip to Ghana in 2017:
Video will be available soon…
The project KANTURO
Kanturo is a small village in the west of Ghana. The idea of our first project was to give local support to people who are in need of help by means of little but effective measures.
Kids are our future. If we promote education and the literacy of kids the opportunities to live a better life are sustainably improved. That is why we pay special attention to the support of children by means of:
- digging wells in order to guarantee clean drinking water
- ensuring a balanced and healthy nutrition which is guaranteed by the national “Ghana School Feeding Programme“
- acquisition and purchase of schoolbooks and equipment, school uniforms and wooden tables and chairs to enable children to attend school
- acquisition and purchase of tools in order to support young people with their training and instruction as carpenter or seamstress
- building of toilets as well as the acquisition of medication and dressing material in order to improve the standards of hygiene and first aid care
We regularly convince ourselves on location as to the progress of our projects. We intentionally do not cooperate with big organisations which you can hardly keep in general overview. We supervise our projects ourselves. This way we can guarantee that our help and support really gets to the people without any detour. In addition we have chosen reliable local coaches who supervise the measures locally to ensure the successful realization and sustainability.
While carrying out our projects we are not only in close contacts to the persons involved. We foster and cultivate contacts to the responsible authorities and state administrations in order to ensure the success and the sustainability of our projects. We therefore get additional support from their side.
Donations are used 100% for our projects and for direct and immediate help. Trips to potential deployment locations to select new projects in Ghana are undertaken privately and selfpaid.
You want to support us with a donation?
This ist the donations account:
Raiffeisen-Bank Oldenburg e.G.